My MTA Alerts® Email and Text Sign up
Subway, bus, train and bridge/tunnel service information at your convenience.
How is service now? When are reroutes planned for maintenance work? Is there traffic at toll crossings?
Know before you go. Sign up for FREE email and text* message alerts to get real time and/or pre-planned info about rail, subway, bus service and bridge/tunnel travel conditions. And, it’s easy to customize when you get alerts and where you see them. Select the days and times you want to receive messages. Choose to see them in an email or text alert or both! You can turn them off when you’re on vacation and reactivate upon your return.
How it works:
- Sign up for an account
- Provide at least one email or cell phone number to receive alerts
- Select the MTA service or services you which to receive alerts about
- Pick the days and times you want to receive alerts
- Activate your account to start receiving alerts & advisories
• Send to your cell phone as text messages.
• Request info for as many email addresses as you wish.
*Note: While the MTA provides this alert service free of charge, you may be responsible for the cost of received text messages from your cell phone carrier depending on your calling or data plan.